Qualified Elevator Consultant (QEC)
QECs must meet all of the requirements (or equivalent) of Section I. and three of the requirements (or equivalent) of Section II as follows:
(1) Ten verifiable years as an elevator consultant or 3 verifiable years as an elevator consultant and ten verifiable years of related elevator industry.
(2) Knowledge of elevator codes as evidenced by one of the following: Current QEI certification, current membership on ASME A17 standards or working committees, or participation on a state and/or local code committee.
(3) Attendance at 3 of the last 5 IAEC/NAVTP Annual Forums.
QECs must meet three (3) of the requirements (or equivalent) of Section II as follows:
(1) Attend two of the last three NAEC Conventions.
(2) Active member of a regional elevator industry related organization ie: IAEC Region, IAEC Committee, Elevator Conference of New York (ECNY), Elevator Industry Group of Southern California (EIGSC), Chicago Elevator Association, NCEIG, MESA, NAESA, BOMA.
(3) Participate in 1 of the last 3 regional or national meetings of NAESA.
(4) Participate in EESF as a board member, volunteer, or supporter. Provide below current involvement in EESF.
(5) Participate in industry events as a presenter, instructor, planner or moderator. Provide below detailed information which meets the above criteria.
(6) Publish articles in industry publications or journals.